IceWM/Ubuntu Lite (Was: initial edgy plans)

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 16:31:37 UTC 2006

> Hi Jani,
> I'm interested. Can we update to version 1.2.26 at the same time we
> promote
> Icewm from Universe --> Main? I'm assuming it would need to be in main to
> be included on the CD.

Sure, but as I said there needs to be somebody knowing and using IceWM and
commited enough
to spend time on getting it up-to-date, writing the main inclusion report
for it, working on related packages etc.

So updating to whatever debian has will happen when edgy opens and things
start getting synced, the rest is
the more work actually. Make sensible default settings, artwork, integrate
as much as possible with the ubuntu
base system. For this ideally the developer would be a MOTU, thus having
upload rights to handle all this until
it gets into a good enough shape to be promoted in main and on the CD.

thanks
Jani