ivman and xubuntu

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 10:41:39 GMT 2006

> i'll take a look on this after 18:00 ... why not launch it from
> /etc/xdg/autostart ?
> That's a freedesktop standard, and in this way you don't need to patch
> the xinitrc from source.

That would be an idea, but still you'd need to patch /etc/xdg/autostart
And how do you handle the killing as that was the main issue you mentioned?
The cleanest way is maybe to make ivman check whether it's already running
and bail out on subsequent
invocations. But it may be designed so it can do this explicitely so have
both a systrem wide and a user
defined ivman running I don't know. We'll sure fix this for dapper somehow