xubuntu-users

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:04:50 UTC 2006

Marco Castellani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I also think that a "xubuntu-user" mailing list would be a very good
> idea. Xubuntu is a great distro and such a list is surely going to be a
> very useful resource. In my humble opinion, we could also explore the
> possibility to open a list on yahoogroups or on "Google Groups" as well,
> since they are both very popular resources for mailing-lists.
>
> Kind regards,

I wonder if there are enough users to warrant the creation of such a
group. It may be that people do not subscribe to xubuntu-devel because
of the name? The ubuntu-users list has xubuntu topics fromo time to time
and they get answered, and many items on that list are common to all
ubuntu variants, so I am not entirely sure a new list would help very much.
As for yahoo/google anyone is obviously free to make lists there too,
but I'd rather have as few lists as possible or else the information
will get very diluted for no good reason. Same as with the wiki.

Jani