Suggestion

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Sun Apr 23 00:40:00 UTC 2006

                                        Hi Jani,

    I am suggesting to incorporate the xubuntu logo into the xubuntu installer like the kubuntu people did. (By the way, fedora too implemented their own custom made artworks into the installer)

    Look at:

    https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuDapperBeta

    I think this would give a more professional and more unified look and feel to xubuntu. The ubuntu installer doesn't include the logo; I don't know they will add it later or will leave it like this. But I think we should take clues from the kubuntu artists because, in my view, they have better ideas of creating a professional look and feel for a desktop than the ubuntu people.

    Regarding the result of the poll. Now that the art community has spoken,  take the theme that has received the most vote, as default and package the others as options. And start implementing the artworks into the next beta release so that it will be as sleek as the other siblings when it comes out.

    J. Mak