Display Manager and possible bugs

David Cahill cahilld at fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 7 23:44:59 UTC 2005

Going a little off topic here, but it might be relevant if we go with no
display manager.

I just removed gdm and I'm seeing something I've seen before but I'd
like verified.

Doing

xdpyinfo | grep resolution

I get 100x100 dots per inch.  Its being forced into 100dpi by this
config file:

/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc

This file has one line:

exec /usr/bin/X11/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp

If I remove the '-dpi 100' section I get my native res back: 86x84 dots
per inch.

I mentioned this on the forums once and got no verification, so its
driving me a bit nuts. Surely I'm not the only one to be suffering from
this??