[Merge] lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/handle-no-home-var into lp:upstart

Dimitri John Ledkov launchpad at surgut.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 17:43:43 UTC 2014

Review: Disapprove

user-session init shouldn't be started without $HOME set in the environment. getpwent call can block on looking up NIS/ldap, and the expectation is that by the time upstart --user is run $HOME is properly available.

upstart as PID 2 shoudn't be running with --user flag, as we don't want /root/.config/upstart config dir nor logs in /root/.cache/upstart. We want it to read /etc/init and log into /var/log/upstart.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/upstart/handle-no-home-var/+merge/210621
Your team Upstart Reviewers is subscribed to branch lp:upstart.