Using upstart on LFS

Grail Dane grail69 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 07:37:46 BST 2010

Howdy all
Probably a very noob type question, but I am currently using Ubuntu and building my own LFS based distro.
I would like to use upstart without any type of conversion from SysVinit.
So after pouring over the scripts in ubuntu, my question is, do I still require scripts the like of rc, rcS and rc-sysvinit?
Assuming the answer is no as none of these currently exist on my build, would someone please direct me to a site that can break downwhich scripts I would be required to create / copy (from Ubuntu)?
My aim is to build a legacy free system
Cheersgrail