Mailing list etiquette?

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 01:32:18 BST 2008

Hello Scott, et all,
     I was just wondering what this mailing list's etiquette was for
replying as I've seen a variety of different reply styles used so far,
in particular what's the semi-official stance on the following topics:

     1. Top-post / bottom-post / don't care? Top-posting is kind of a
Outlook / corporate email-ism while many lists prefer bottom-posts for
readability.
     2. HTML vs plaintext? I ask because Gmail and Outlook by default
use HTML formatting.
     3. Inline replies ok?

     It's just my experience that some mailing list admins are a bit
picky (the FreeBSD mailing lists for instance) for a reason. Don't
want to disturb the regular flow...
Thanks,
-Garrett