Bypassing svscan

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Thu May 17 23:46:09 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 21:43 +0200, Daniel Exbrayat wrote:

> # svscan
> #
> # This service starts svscan DJBDNS utility which in turn starts the
> # DJBDNS services belonging to /etc/svscan
> #
> description     "service svscan daemon (part of DJBDNS tools)"
>
> start on network_is_up
> stop  on shutdown
>
> pre-start script
>    PATH="/usr/local/bin"
> end script

This PATH won't affect anything, since the shell it is set in is lost at
the end of the script.  You may have better luck with the following line
in the config file:

env PATH=/usr/local/bin

> # by the way, I am wondering how to show status for each "DJBDNS"
> # services. Something like:

Is it possible to manually start each service?  If so, you could use
instances to do this.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?