Cron-like functionality

John Schmerge schmerge at speakeasy.net
Sat May 5 03:57:16 BST 2007

Hey guys,

  I was just reading for the first time about upstart and reading that
you guys plan some form of cron-like functionality in Upstart... A
couple of years ago I wrote a small cron daemon that can almost totally
supplant vixie cron in most distributions. The only really lacking
feature of the daemon was the ability to mail job output.

  If you want to check out the program, it's name is 'Micron', and some
  info on it is at:
  http://www.speakeasy.net/~schmerge/projects/micron/

  In any event, I was wondering if anyone has started working on this
feature in Upstart; I couldn't really find any info on whether someone
is working on this. If not, I'd be willing to help implement this in
Upstart, possibly even leveraging some of the code I wrote for Micron.

  I haven't subscribed to the mailing list yet, so if anyone is
interested in the offer, please include me on any reply to the mailing
list.

Cheers,
John