Cron-like functionality

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Fri May 18 11:30:00 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 19:57 -0700, John Schmerge wrote:

> In any event, I was wondering if anyone has started working on this
> feature in Upstart; I couldn't really find any info on whether someone
> is working on this. If not, I'd be willing to help implement this in
> Upstart, possibly even leveraging some of the code I wrote for Micron.

We haven't started working on it yet.  The main requirements of this
feature are:

 * Calendar based events, basically what cron currently offers

 * Periodic events, "hourly", "daily", "weekly", "monthly"

 * When events are missed, they should be caught up at first opportunity

 * Time since another event "15m after startup"

Our process is normally to create a Specification for the proposed
feature, and then we discuss it:

	https://blueprints.launchpad.net/upstart
	http://upstart.ubuntu.com/wiki/ (use SpecTemplate)

Scott