A few more questions about Upstart

Alex Smith alex at alex-smith.me.uk
Sat Nov 4 20:00:51 GMT 2006

Scott James Remnant wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 16:17 +0000, Alex Smith wrote:
>
>> Just another question - it says on the Getting Started page this: "Note
>> that the job file format is not stable yet, so if you upgrade upstart
>> later, you may need to fix existing files." What is likely to change in
>> the future - I mean, would there be any changes that will break existing
>> jobs?
>>
> Everything in the current job format is likely to be changed.
>
> Scott

Hmm, but will there be a point when it's classed as 'stable'? I mean, a
point after which there won't be any changes which break existing jobs.
This is quite important IMO, as we (the Frugalware developers) would not
want to have to change every package with a job on an upstart upgrade.

Thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Smith