A few more questions about Upstart

Sean Russell upstart at ser1.net
Thu Nov 2 16:48:52 GMT 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 11:17, Alex Smith wrote:
> Ach damn. Sorry 'bout that, I'm used to mailing lists with a reply-to
> field set. Is it all possible to add one?

This is the old "header munging" argument that always comes up on lists,
which can be summarized as:

	Camp 1:
	1) Header munging is bad, since it can override user-specified behavior
	2) What if somebody replies with naked pictures and accidentally posts
to the list because of the reply-to header OMG!?!?

	Camp 2:
	1) Header munging is good, because it is a mailing list, fer christ's
sake.
	2) Not munging the headers is a PITA.

So, whatever.  I'm fine with munging the headers, but I don't really
care, and some people get really emotional about the issue.

--- SER