[uds-announce] tivoli, glyptoteket, traffic zones

Alex Chiang achiang at canonical.com
Sun Oct 28 08:17:18 UTC 2012

* Mario Limonciello <superm1 at gmail.com>:
> Should we expect to have to have local currency at this point or do the
> machines for purchasing regional train tickets and metro tickets accept
> credit cards?

A bit of local currency is handy to have.

I've been attempting to pay for things with an American style
credit card (Visa issued by Chase) and it lacks a chip and PIN.

The lack of a PIN has been confuzzling the local machines. Some
can be convinced you don't need a PIN, but in particular, the
metro ticket machines cannot be worked around. For those, you'll
either need to use coins or a card where you know the PIN, such
as a debit card.

/ac