[Ubuntu-ZW] Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot 11.10: ubuntu software centre

Kalpesh Thaker luminary06 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 06:47:05 UTC 2011

Hi Gyron,

the steps you have taken, only allow APT to connect to the internet
via the proxy, you will need to add a proxy server to your ubuntu
desktop seperately.

im not sure where exactly this is setup when using unity (i dont like
unity, and reverted to classic gnome).. but it should be something
like the following website how-to:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-configure-ubuntu-desktop-to-use-your-proxy-server.html

kalpesh