Ubuntu and gprs connectivity

Kalpesh Thaker luminary06 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 12:03:10 BST 2009

Yeah, its nothing to get excited about in my opinion... its basic gprs, not
edge or umts...
the best way to compare it, is with cdma wireless i think. it is handy for
wireless internet..
but nothing really special.

just to correct sams post, its actually hcitool, its a command line driven
utility for setting up bluetooth
connections to a pc, however, i find it can get too complex for something so
simple if you arent familiar
with it.

you may want to check out these sites on the web, its quite easy to follow
though:

http://www.astahost.com/Mobile-Broadband-Ubuntu-Bluetooth-t19728.html

however this is assuming you that really do want to useyour phone as a
bluetooth modem, and
have bluetooth setup on both your pc and phone.

most phones now days allow you set it up as a modem device via usb... so
just by plugging it in, it gets recognised as a
usb gprs modem. you can then read up on how to do it via cable on this site