Organisation of Developers of Training Materials

Neil Coetzer ncoetzer at halsteds.co.zw
Fri May 16 12:40:07 BST 2008

Hi Richard,

Welcome back. Yes, there has been a lot of discussion while you've been
away and a lot of questions that nobody else could answer. Glad you're
back to take the reigns because there seems to be a lot of interest in
this project. :)

Co-ordination is definitely a key to success here. The different
"groups" involved in each module etc, will need guidance on what
standards to use to ensure uniformity etc. As far as the manual text is
concerned, there will have to be people to write it, people to proof
read it, etc. These are just a few examples that come to mind. So
there's definitely a lot of thought and planning that needs to go into
this. I think for the production of the actual manuals etc. it would be
a good idea to involve ICDL trainers from the start (such as Ganyani's
brother, whose mail I forwarded to you).

Are you back for a while or is your time limited before you're off
again?

I will also put a message out to other LoCo Teams to see if anyone else
has taken on a similar project anywhere else in the world, and if so
that might avoid duplicating efforts.

Regards,
Neil

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 13:13 +0200, Mr. R. Simango wrote:

> Going through a lot of communication that circulated whilst I was out,
> I noticed that there are a couple of questions I need to respond to
> urgently. How do I plan to organize and coordinate CBT developers??
>

> As you can see from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenIcdl, I felt that
> developers could be organized into groups that work on specific
> modules. Hence 7 groups one for each OICDL module. Each group would
> then have a group coordinater who would act also as contact person for
> the group.
>

> I felt having groups at every development stage brings future
> sustainability, if one coordinator decides to retire then someone from
> the group could easily take over.
>

> Maybe a group would require more than one active person, BUT I also
> felt that more than one could create confusion that can divide the
> groups at future stages.
> Unless if coordination rules are put on the ground.
>

> As main coordinator of the OICDL CBTs, I didn't want to hold many
> coordination strings in my hands, hence the creation of other
> coordinators at different levels. I thought this would eliminate the
> natural coordination risks brought about by long absence, death,
> sickness etc.
>

> Please tell me if this answers the question, how Richard plans to
> coordinate the whole OpenICDL project.
>

> Im around ladies and gentleman.
>

> --
> Richard Simango