Repo mirror drive

Neil Coetzer ncoetzer at halsteds.co.zw
Tue May 6 20:15:26 BST 2008

Hi Samuel,

Good to hear from you again.

The repo status is as follows: Yo!Africa have a server ready (set up by
ENet) and are prepared to give it bandwidth etc. However, we need to
find a large capacity hard drive to handle the full repository. We
either need it as a donation or we have to find some way of funding it.
According to ENet, we need a minimum of a 500Gb IDE drive, but larger if
possible (particularly to allow for future expansion). Kalpesh, one of
our new LoCo Team members, has offered to help maintain the repo server
at Yo!Africa which is fantastic. So, the hard drive is the only thing
holding it up! If you guys can assist, you will be our hero of the hour!

Is there any chance you can make it for the meeting tomorrow
(Wednesday)? Please see previous mailing list messages for details.

Regards,
Neil

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 17:02 +0200, Samuel Mukoti wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I haven't been very vocal lately.. Been out of the country.. U would
> like to assist with the drive, whats been done so far, and whats the
> status?  I'll try get some quotes locally but am sure I can order it
> from abroad but the lead time 2-3weeks?
>
> Our company is really keen on the ubuntu drive and we believe Linux is
> the future for Africa especially!  We're a software development
> company and working on bus solutions for the Linux platform, I believe
> the last frontier cos Linux for the desktop has long arrived!
>
> Go Hardy!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Samuel Mukoti
> Elenoc Systems