hey guys!

Neil Coetzer ncoetzer at halsteds.co.zw
Fri Apr 25 11:19:19 BST 2008

Hi Kalpesh,

Thanks for the intro and we would gladly welcome you as a member of the
LoCo Team. It's really great to see so much fire and enthusiasm,
particularly with the way I think all Zimbabweans are feeling right now.
It's been a huge encouragement to me personally, that's for sure.

As I said in my reply to your forum thread, I really think the freedom
toaster is a fantastic idea and I would be keen to help wherever I can.
(Still need to do some reading up on how it's all put together).
Location would be a prime factor for it to be effective. Of course, if
at all possible, it would be really awesome to have our own stand (with
freedom toaster) at the next IT Expo :) Of course, what would be really
awesome is to "eventually" be able to offer a custom version of Ubuntu,
particularly for Zimbos... with the Zim Ubuntu logo, local translations,
maybe some gnome/kde/compiz/emerald themes, wallpapers, mouse
pointers.... ok, I'm getting ahead of myself here - just thinking
long-term :)

And I'm also so excited about a local repo that I think I'm in danger of
wetting myself! It's great to know that we'll have "someone on the
ground" looking after it. Once things settle down a bit I'll also need
to start discussions with you about the Ubuntu Zim web site, but one
step at a time.

Cheers,
Neil

believed to be clean.