[Ubuntu-zh] Fwd: Launchpad beta: Translations licence changes

jjyy1010jjhh jjyy1010jjhh在126.com
星期三 六月 18 07:14:39 BST 2008

 我想我很乐意使用这个邮件组。
我的英文不是很好,虽然现在由于实习,正在学习一点,
希望以后能更好。
OK,I Like it 。

在2008-06-17,"Zhengpeng Hou" <zhengpeng.hou在gmail.com> 写道:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Danilo Segan <danilo在canonical.com>
Date: 2008/6/17
Subject: Launchpad beta: Translations licence changes
To: ZhengPeng Hou <zhengpeng-hou在ubuntu.com>

Hello Launchpad beta tester!

Launchpad translations licence changes
---------------------------------------

As you're a member of the Launchpad beta testers team, I'd like to get
your opinion on a clarification that we're making to the way
translations are licensed in Launchpad.

The next time you do some translations work using Launchpad's Edge
environment, Launchpad will ask your permission to apply the BSD
licence to the translations you've already made in Launchpad.

One of the main advantages of translating in Launchpad is that you can
automatically share work with other people and projects. To do this,
your work needs to be licensed in a way that lets many different
projects use them.

My colleagues and I have chosen the BSD licence because it is
universally compatible. It lets you share and combine with projects
under the GPL, LGPL, BSD, and many other licenses.

Our FAQ page goes into more detail about why we're doing this and you
can find it here:

https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/LicensingFAQ

You'll have at least until July to decide if you're happy to use the
BSD licence for your translations. If you'd prefer not use that
licence, in time we will remove your translations from Launchpad.

I'd really like to know what you think of this change and the way that
it is presented in Launchpad, before we roll it out to all Launchpad
users. You can get in touch with me by replying to this email or find
in me in #launchpad - I'm danilos.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.