[ubuntu-za] Old Ubuntu disks

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Fri May 10 17:28:24 UTC 2024

Hi Charles,

Yes, still doing well in the wilds of Limpopo despite having passed the Big
8 which i think is ridiculous. I remember my grandfather turning 80 and
thinking that was an age so vast that it was incomprehensible.

Jill continues to be active and enthusiastic despite increasing her number
of hip / knee replacements almost yearly. She is due for another knee later
this year. I on the other hand remain ridiculously healthy - I went for my
annual checkup last month and the doctor rudely pointed out that my last
annual checkup was two years ago. Despite that he still could not find
anything wrong with me. A bit of a useless doctor - how can he not find
anything wrong?

We have scaled down a bit on our commitments to the local churches but
still seem to do at least one service a month to either the local United
Church (with the Methodies) or in the local Anglican parish which covers 6
congregations and is only serviced by 3 (4 with Jill) priests - the others
are all self supporting. Nevertheless the parish is thriving which is
wonderful.

I still enjoy Linux and refuse to sell my soul to Microsoft. I let Jill
handle any nasty applications that require the forces of darkness. She is
well equipped to take on all the assaults of the devil.

Good to hear from you - tell me how you are getting on.

Bill