[ubuntu-za] [SOLVED} Connectivity issue for Ubuntu 16.04 VM under Parallels on iMac

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) hylton at conacher.co.za
Mon Oct 29 13:24:02 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Tnx for the pointers.

The issue turned out to be an incorrect subnet on the VM, which I
thought would've been fixed by DHCP.

Turns out Parallels VM somehow didn't request a new IP address when the
router was changed from ADSL to FTTH i.e. from 192.068.0.x to 192.168.1.x.

Got the ISP to change the router IP range and voilà everything she worked.

Regards
Hylton