[ubuntu-za] FYI: Wordpress Ubuntu theme

Leon Gert Marincowitz lmarincowitz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 14:06:32 UTC 2016

Hi All

New Wordpress Ubuntu theme.

Regards
Leon

Today's Topics:

   1. WordPress theme for Ubuntu community teams (Pasi Lallinaho)
   2. Re: WordPress theme for Ubuntu community teams
      (Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:13:22 +0200
From: Pasi Lallinaho <pasi at shimmerproject.org>
To: ubuntu-community-team at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: WordPress theme for Ubuntu community teams

Hello,

as I've mentioned a few times on the IRC channel, I've designed and
built a WordPress theme which all Ubuntu community teams (and why not
individuals) can use.

At the moment, I think the theme has got enough features and testing to
be released for public testing. Most importantly, I would like to hear
feedback from people who are running a community team that could
potentially use this theme. If you intend to use the theme, PLEASE READ
THE NOTE at the end of this email.

Without further ado, the theme code is in Github at
https://github.com/knomepasi/ubuntu-community-wordpress-theme/

The features of the theme include:
? A visual look that matches ubuntu.com in the most part (not a direct copy)
? Three different widget areas and a navigation menu for content
customization
? Some responsive design to make sure the theme works with most handheld
devices
? Customization option to change the header logo (for LoCo teams etc.)
? Customization options to change the colors of the theme (for flavor
teams etc.)

There are still a few things missing, and everything will not work
perfectly. As things are reported to me (especially things that matter
to those who are willing to use the theme), I will eventually have a
look at them. Some of this is listed in the TODO and the issues, so
please check them first.

All (new) bugs and feature requests (including support for specific
widgets/plugin output) can be filed as Github issues against the
repository. I will try to reply to them as soon as possible.

If you want to help with the theme development, be in touch with me.

If you have any questions regarding the theme, be in touch with me.

Cheers,
Pasi

PLEASE NOTE: I intend to work with the Canonical IS to make this theme
available in the Canonical WordPress farm, but only when it's been
tested enough to be sure it doesn't have any obvious issues. For this
reason, please refrain from asking this theme to be uploaded yet.
Additionally, even if you run your site outside the Canonical farm, I
would ask you to wait until I have announced the first public non-beta
release (likely on this mailing list). After the first release, please
make sure you update the theme whenever a new version is released.

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                ? http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of the Shimmer Project         ? http://shimmerproject.org/

Message: 2