[ubuntu-za] Statement in support of Software Freedom Conservancy and Christoph Hellwig, GPL enforcement lawsuit

Wesley Werner wesley.werner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 07:08:05 UTC 2015

Hello all. An interesting story that highlights how companies abuse both user and developer's rights. I hope anyone here who is using VMware seriously reconsiders them, and move to using alternative virtualization software like qemu / kvm.

Wes

"VMware has broken this promise by not releasing te source code for the version of the operating system kernel they distribute with their ESXi software. Now, after many years of trying to work with VMware amicably, the Software Freedom Conservancy and Hellwig have sought the help of German courts to resolve the matter."

https://www.fsf.org/news/conservancy-and-christoph-hellwig-gpl-enforcement-lawsuit