[ubuntu-za] Firefox Downloads

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Tue May 21 07:23:15 UTC 2013

I don't know if this is in anyway associated with Robin's problem. I am
keeping it separate so as not to confuse the issue.

I am running 12.04 and everything is up-to-date (except for some very new
updates that came through yesterday). When trying to do a big download
(Tracks4Africa - 600+ Mb), despite my using Caffeine, the computer went
into suspension mode (after 260 Mb - sob). It would then not un-suspend
when I used the power button and stuck on a black screen with the error
message:

[16179.5453951] [drm:gen6_sanitize_pm] *ERROR* Power management
discrepancy: GENG_RP_INTERRUPT_LIMITS expected 17000000, was 12060000

(That is all one line and I have transcribed it twice so please forgive any
transcription errors).

I have had similar errors in the past when coming out of suspension, but
they have never been fatal. I do suspect a hardware problem - but perhaps
someone can advise me what that error message actually means.

I am trying the download again with the suspend turned right off.

Bill