[ubuntu-za] Home directory

Bruce Pieterse dev at otq.za.net
Sun Jan 20 11:10:17 UTC 2013

On Sun 20 Jan 2013 08:27:42 SAST, Wesley Werner wrote:
> Sorry to hear the old problems are back Bill. Say you undid the fstab
> edit, browse to the old home files in nautilus and hit ctrl+h to show
> hidden files, all of them start with a dot. Those are your old config
> files. Delete. Them, and then copy the running config files over. Redo
> the fstab edit and then your old home will return with the new confgs.
>
> Hope i explained that ok :)

Hi,

Regarding your Compiz error, Compiz moved away from gconf and is now
using dconf to store configuration settings. There is now a new way to
reset compiz back to original state. I would recommend you delete the
.compiz directory then run:

* sudo apt-get install dconf-tools
* dconf reset -f /org/compiz/
* setsid unity (restarts Unity)
* dconf dump /org/compiz/ (shows current settings)
* Restart your session (logout) or do a soft reboot

--
All the best,

Bruce

FSF Member 10674 / The FSF is a charity with a worldwide mission to
advance software freedom / Join the Free Software Foundation:
http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=10674