[ubuntu-za] Forcing me back to Microsoft

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Mon Aug 5 21:56:52 UTC 2013

On 08/05/2013 03:33 PM, Jan Greeff wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Seems like I will eventually have no option but to revert to Microsoft.
>
> I need to submit my tax returns via e-filing, but SARS is using Adobe
> Flash Player 11.3 and this version is not available for Ubuntu. I have
> found this: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target
> Linux as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security
> backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux.

However, 11.3 and later is supported though Pepper on Chrome.  And that
can be backported to chromium.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4329805

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1127489
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/09/how-to-make-chromium-use-flash-player.html

All of the OS choices have their burdens.  With windows it is viruses
and malware.  With Linux it is vendors forgetting there is a world
beyond Windows.

			Lee