[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu phone /Tv

David Apter dave.apter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 07:37:59 UTC 2013

An interesting contradiction on the new Ubuntu website:

Headline:Ubuntu now fits your phone

...but much further down the page:

*If you’re not in the mobile industry, but you’re as excited as we are
about Ubuntu on smartphones, we can let you know when the first phone is
released.*

Ja, well, no fine!

Both Ubuntu TV/Phone offer much to be excited about, no doubt.  However
Canonical should be more *realistic* wrt their dedicated users. We do have
our wishes regarding TV/phone but certainly do not appear to live in
Canonical's 'fantasy land'.

Either get these technologies into the *real* world quickly or lose your
potential converts even faster ....

Dave Apter.