[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 1210 problems need to roll back to previous version

Nico Michael nick.michael at ptaisp.co.za
Thu Nov 15 13:34:54 UTC 2012

Hi there

I am having Ubuntu 1210 problems need to roll back to previous version

I purchased a License for  crossover-standard-demo_10.0.0-1_i386.deb two
years ago which was working well on all versions of Ubuntu until
i re-rolled my laptop and put Ubuntu 1210 it no longer installes my DEB
file
I the re-rolled my laptop and put : ubuntu-gnome-12.10-desktop-i386
to my horror it also wont let me install my DEB file

Has UBUNTU changed their DEB program and format to not be compatible
with the DEB files of the last 2 years

I was considering to replace my Ubuntu wit Linux mint but to my horror i
read the new version to be released this /or next month will be basing
their build on Ubuntu1210
So I will have the same problem

I am going to roll-back my laptop to  the last version before Unity
what ever that animal was called ?
*Could someone be so kind as to give me a place where I can download DEB
files for that as I assume the repositories will now be trashed or
incomplete *

*Could someone tell me where I can get complete repositories ? What URLs
do I add to my software manager what ever you call that program that
tracks your repositories?*

Is there a web site that keeps the old deb files for the last version
before Narwhal  what ever number it was ?

And no its got nothing to do with Unity It has to do with compatibility
to my existing tools

How can I convert my DEB files to the new Ubuntu or does a grown man
start to cry  ?
*Its funny how the more I try to be loyal to Ubuntu the more curved
balls fate throws at me.**
*
What do you call that ?  its not Kismet ?

--

Kind Regards

Nico Michael
http://www.arduino.org.za