[ubuntu-za] Libre Office menus gone

Neil Manson neil.manson at infotech.monash.edu
Sat Nov 3 11:23:55 UTC 2012

On 3 November 2012 12:40, Wikus <mazal.wikus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Morning all ,
>
> In Libre Office (on 12.10) the normal menus are gone. (the view , data ,
> format etc. menus)
> I can't even get into it's preferences as there is no "edit" menu or
> nothing.
>
> Is this they way the new Libre Office is ? Or is something broken on mine
> and how can I fix it
> to get the normal menus back.
>
> Even at the top of the desktop there is no menus that apear ???
>
> - Wikus

I get the same thing, but not always. Sometimes there are menus and
sometimes not. Seems worse with Calc than with Writer. The menus are also
missing from the HUD.

I suspect it has something to do with the way the menus are supposed to be
made global, and exposed to the HUD. It seems like the menus are being
taken out of the local window, but then not being put into the global menus
or HUD correctly.

Really, REALLY frustrating.

~ Neil