[ubuntu-za] Thunderbirdv12.01 Backup and Restore between 10.04 & mint12?

vincent bullet at ballmail.co.za
Thu May 24 17:10:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-24 at 09:08 +0200, FransIT wrote:
> It would seem like the fresh install do not have a profiles folder under
> which the profiles are saved,
> The profiles.ini file do however stil look and work teh same you should
> find it under /*~/.thunderbird*/
> Just copying your old email folder to here should work.
>
> On 12/05/23 18:43, Vincent wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've got 12.04 running on my desktop & mint12(ubuntu 11.10) on my
> > netbook, both using TB12.01.
> >
> > My problem is that backing up TB and then trying to restore to 10.04
> > doesn't work. However in the past when running 10.04 on the netbook,
> > this always worked perfectly.
> >
> > The default mail paths in mint were different to 10.04, so I changed
> > them to the default in 10.04, still no joy.
> >
> > Does this mean that files in 10.04 and 11.10 are not compatible, or am
> > I missing a trick here?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Vince
> >

> --
>   When working on a computer you have to know enough:
>   To fake what you don't know.
>   Google what you can't fake.
>   How (and when) to 'motivate' the computer to do what Google won't tell.
>
> Frans de Waal
> IT Manager/
> Dormakorp

Hi Frans,

Thanks for your input. Both my netbook & desktop TB's have profile.ini
files and I made sure they are pointed to the same default path, but
still no joy.
I don't have windows to dual boot with, give it up when I upgraded from
7.04 to 8.04.

The only thing I can think of now is checking that my backup & restore
paths are correct.

I'll let you know of any progress.

Cheers

Vincent