[ubuntu-za] Weird upgrade situation

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Tue May 8 20:52:30 UTC 2012

On 08/05/2012 22:48, tim at cybersmart.co.za wrote:
> I tried the -f option with no joy. I may have had the order of -f and
> Install swapped so I'll try again.
> The problem feels a bit bigger than that.
> aptitude shows no broken packages and t he sources list includes both
> oneiric & precise sources.

Make sure you don't have any "oneiric" sources that should be "precise"
sources. Then remove the rest of the "oneiric" sources and run an
apt-get update again to make sure you have the latest package indices,
and try running "apt-get -f install" again.

If that says that everything is OK, run apt-get upgrade to make sure
everything is upgraded.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za