[ubuntu-za] Planning the next Ubuntu Launch Party in Pretoria

Nico Michael nick.michael at ptaisp.co.za
Fri Mar 30 14:57:52 UTC 2012

Hi there I am planning the next Ubuntu Launch Party in Pretoria

The problems we experienced in the past are :
1) I did not know the correct Launch Date
2) I did not have a comprehensive list of email addresses of the Atendees
3) The chaps from Randburg promised us they would hold the last Launch
party and requested we don't have it in Pretoria
      And then to add insult to injury No Launch party was held in Randburg
4) I do not have facilities and bandwidth to download all the Ubuntu's
So i only downloaded the Ubuntu Workstation
5) I had to provide all the infrastructure myself (mains leads and
"White socket strips")

1 Please RSVP to me directly Subject Ubuntu Launch Party : Yes I will attend
2 Someone in the know please let me know when the best Saturday is to
insure we can have the new Ubuntu
3 I want a volunteer and a Backup volunteer to get me the files a week
before the time
4 I will reserve the same venue the Food was good and the facilities
were also good
5 I would like a few more mains strips with 2 or 3 meter leads

This time I managed to steal a few Ubuntu stickers from the Software
Freedom Day to have for this event

Please help me to make your day with us more enjoyable

If someone is friends with Ross please ask him to arrange us a nice
"Blue Ubuntu Cake" like he did at the first launch party held at the
:Karoo Cattle and Land in the  Irene Village Mall

--
Kind regards

Nico Michael
(Sent from ptaisp.co.za)