[ubuntu-za] www.sterkinekor.com site (Flash) no longer loads in updated Ubuntu 11.10

Tom Bamford tom at aims.ac.za
Fri Mar 9 10:33:56 UTC 2012

On 9 March 2012 12:11, Chris Schoonbee <cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za> wrote:

>  Can you (or anyone else reading this) confirm that you can indeed access
> the site on an up-to-date Ubuntu 11.10 with Firefox?  Then I can know
> better whether it is an update causing the problem or if it is some problem
> more specific to my set-up.

Hi Chris

Works for me. Ubuntu 11.10 amd64, firefox-10.0.2+build1-0ubuntu0.11.10.1
with Flash 11.1 r102 (installed using
flashplugin-installer-11.1.102.62ubuntu0.11.10.2).

Not that it helps, but flash is notoriously unpredictable and crappy on
Linux, for a long time my browser would freeze if I right clicked on a
flash object. I doubt Sterkinekor management would share the sentiment - I
always use the self-serve Windows kiosks outside the cinema.

Regards
Tom

--
System Administrator
African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
Jabber: tom at aims.ac.za
Web: www.aims.ac.za