[ubuntu-za] 3g trouble

FransIT dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Mon Jun 18 07:18:34 UTC 2012

On 12/06/18 08:36, wikus wrote:

> Frans it's the very latest one from Vodacom (don't have it with me now).
> The USB stick one.
>
> Yep data bundle is fine.
>
> I plug it directly into the usb port , I don't use any cables with it.
>
> - Wikus

If its possible to get us the model name it would go a long way into
fixing the problem...

You can try connecting the modem to the usb extension cable, also...if
the cable have two usb plugs at the computer side try using both, also
if you have a windows pc available some where to test,  as it could be
the modem.

Also 2 bars on the signal are getting to unstable... being able to move
the modem around a bit should help stabilizing the signal though.