[ubuntu-za] Launcher position

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 07:34:17 UTC 2012

Hi Jan

This "false-positive" behavior can be avoided by disabling the hiding of
the launcher.
Right-click on a blank part of the desktop and select "Change Desktop
Background".
Then click on the "Behavior" tab. Set it up as you want.

I can never get the right sensitivity going that can avoid false positives
so I just have it un-hidden.

Cheers

hg

On 17 April 2012 06:50, Jan Greeff <jan at verslank.net> wrote:

> After having used the Unity desktop for a while, I find the pop-up
> launcher hiding in the left side of the desktop particularly irritating.
>
> I do a lot of e-mailing and document editing, and too often, when I move
> the cursor to the left-hand side of the screen I touch the margin and then
> have to wait for the popup menu to disappear before I can continue.
>
> It appears as if this feature is fixed to the left side - or is there a
> way to move it to the right-hand side?
>
> Jan

Hilton Gibson
Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025D
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Cell: +27 846 464 758 | Phone: +27 21 808 4100