[ubuntu-za] Home backup solution (suggestions) [off-topic]

wayne abroue plettpc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:06:25 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Peter Nel <fourdots at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Peter Nel <fourdots at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ... (web-apps, management clients, API's, SAO - it depends on what you do
>>> with it).
>
> Correction! "SOA" not "SAO"
> While I'm at it, I might as well include: SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and all that
> mystic goodness :-)
> --
> Péter Nel
>

> --

IMHO. without ALL the buzzwords, What is Cloud computing?

If you really think about it, It is a clever Marketing word, taking
advantage of the high speed interconnects available today.
Years back we did exactly the same on our Lans, and now the only
difference is it can now be done on the Wan, so it's called now Cloud,
get ready for cloud, upgrade now, F....k the budget you really can't
do without the Cloud..
Come, guys Please pull the other one.

Wayne A