[ubuntu-za] VIruses!!

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Fri Jun 3 06:44:50 UTC 2011

On 11/06/02 22:52 PM, SHAWN REITSTEIN wrote:
> I've just been told by Firefox that I have 98 effected files attacked
> by about 10/15 different Trojans and others! That I should click the
> "start protection" which I did and then I have to download a small
> something which shows : installsecuritycentre---.exe  -  can that be
> right? every click brings another instasllsecuritycentre---.exe? I've
> requested aBitdefender for Jaunty 9.04 and am awaiting an email. Is
> this the right thing to do?
>
> thanks
> Shawn

"installsecuritycentre---.exe" Will only detect more problems with your computer, tell you to pay to register and then fix them and also not allow you access to any admin tools on windows, and possibly hide all your personal data. the best way to remove it from windows is a complete re-installation, boot form a live disc and copy your data before doing this. in Ubuntu just delete the files it installed and (optionally) you're .wine folder also(only if you're very paranoid) reinstall you're missing windows programs(if you've deleted .wine) and continue living you're live.

--
When working on a computer you have to know enough:
  To fake what you don't know.