[ubuntu-za] Education - Ubuntu Style.

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Thu Apr 28 14:52:51 UTC 2011

On 11/04/22 12:57 PM, Neil Manson wrote:
> On 22 April 2011 12:37, clint G. <clintyb at gmail.com
> <mailto:clintyb at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Everyone.
>
>     I saw a thread some time back regarding schooling and education.
>
>     I would like to know if anybody is interested? I would like to
>     start an "Ubuntu in education & schools in SA." Project.  Would
>     anybody be interested?  I have no affiliation to schools, Dept
>     eduction or other. If you interested, please drop me an email. Or
>     even if you have a school that you may know of which would or
>     could be interested. Or if you use ubuntu or linux at at an
>     educational institute.
>

> Hi Clinton
>
> I am an Ubuntu user at a private  university in Roodepoort. I run
> Ubuntu on my desktop, and on the department's internal server, and I
> strongly encourage my students to (at least) dual boot a linux distro
> on their pcs, but I have no official support from the IT services
> department or the university. I don't have much time to spare, but I
> would be interested in seeing Linux used more widely at schools.
>
> ~ Neil
I agree there.
Schools are were most computer viruses spread, and getting them to use
Linux would really help in limiting this problem.
There are also IMHO much better educational programs available for each
age group, in Linux.

Frans

--
When working on a computer you have to know enough:
  To fake what you don't know.