[ubuntu-za] Problems with 10.10

Dr. Johan P. Prinsloo biocura at telkomsa.net
Sat Nov 27 14:57:18 GMT 2010

Thanks Helge,

I fully agree with you, I should never have done this 10.10. I bought
this ACER EXTENZA E470 with Windows 7 professional pre-installed, which
I decided to keep as I might have some use for it in future, but which
10.10 went and ignored anyway so its gone.

I'll have to rebuild the PC from scratch. I shall rather build the PC
with Windows 7 (for my daughter's sake coz I'll NEVER use it) and then
install 10.04 again, because I know it works.

Ubuntu is trying to hard at developing a Windows look and feel,
something I'm wanting to get as far away from as possible, which is why
I do not even run KDE or KUBUNTU.

Please note that installing 10.10 with APCI switched off in your BIOS
will cause it to start up without the Ubuntu GUI, it will only start up
command promt. You have to have ACPI enabled for the GUI start up.

Thanks Helge, I'll be removing this 10.10 Micro$oft Winblows look and
feel alike rubbish from my new PC.

Take care

Johan