[ubuntu-za] Problem connecting to IRC

Helge Reikeras helge.reikeras at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:28:49 GMT 2010

On 26/11/2010 12:50, Robert Holm wrote:
> On 26/11/2010 12:36, Helge Reikeras wrote:
>> Yes. Tor should solve the problem due to the IP address ban.
>>
>> You'll still have problems with xchat though. What do you get from
>>
>> tracepath chat.freenode.net
>>

>> ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Helge
> Is tracepath the same as traceroute?
> If so, the result is 'failed'
>
> Regards
> Robert

Yeah, it's somewhat the same thing. So it fails on the first hop?

I'm afraid all I can tell you is that you have a network problem (as
opposed to a problem with xchat). This is likely to be either your ISP's
fault or on your own computer if you have messed around with network
settings. Unfortunately, all I can tell you is to gather information on
network troubleshooting. A good place to start is
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=25557.

Hopefully someone else on the list will be able to help you more.

Regards,
Helge