[ubuntu-za] Python CMS (was: Superuser)

David Rubin drubin at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 4 18:08:18 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Andy Rabagliati <andyr at wizzy.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Mar 2010, David Rubin wrote:
>
>> If you can create a fully functional cms from scratch in PHP I would
>> be very surprised.
>>
>> Any how the choice is completely yours and I know your original thread
>> you never intended it to turn into the "php" debate.
>>
>> [1] http://pylonsbook.com/
>>

> http://www.djangoproject.com/   <---- My suggestion for Python CMS
>
> Cheers,  Andy!

The first example is a bad example for the pylons book.

As far as CMS's go django is supposed to be better. My example was
just XX to show how easy it could be. :) There is even a thread of
StackOverflow where the author of Pylons agrees that if you want a CMS
Django for complex stuff he would use Pylons

David