[ubuntu-za] Cannot format USB Flash Drive

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Tue Jun 1 15:02:06 BST 2010

Hi All,

If you want to run a GUI app as root, do the following

ALT + F2

type in gksudo appname     -  in this case gksudo gparted

then hit ENTER

you should be asked for the root password, type that in then the app will start as root

the app ( gparted )  must obviously be installed first

When you go to System->Administration->GParted  you should be asked for the password anyway

William