[ubuntu-za] Nvidia FX5500 with 10.04

Andre Rossouw andre at arnet.co.za
Tue Jul 6 11:32:14 BST 2010

Hi Wesley, thanks for getting back to me

On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 20:35 +0200, Wesley Werner wrote:
> Hi Andre. If you feel daring, have you tried manually installing the
> drivers from the site? Thats how I got my FX5200 working.

I did try in fact - kept complaining that it couldn't unload some or
other module - even when I tried to force it. I think it was the nouveou
module, which is a dependent for a some other modules. I'm not feeling
that brave with my home machine.

What I will do is give it a try again (when I get home) and get the
exact details. Maybe many brains can make 2D graphics work :)

--
Andre Rossouw <andre at arnet.co.za>