[ubuntu-za] What NAS device(s) do you use? And why?

Andre Rossouw andre at arnet.co.za
Mon Dec 13 05:12:22 GMT 2010

> And I was trying to look for it, but about 2 years ago a online
> storage
> vendor open sourced their storage design.  It was something like 24
> disks in 4 U.  10 of those and a 2U server means 480TB.

If you remember who this is, please *please* let us know :-)
Where I work we only work with those big, proprietary storage companies
- would be great to have an open alternative.

Rudi, you asked what we use? Currently, we are using/selling fully
redundant, fibre-attached, SAS storage systems. Starting at 4TB in a
single 4U chassis - expandable to the size of your data-centre. It is
one of the big guys, so to not have to mention names, you can get hold
of me off-line if you are still interested (which I'm sure you won't be
since this is open / ubuntu related).
--
Andre Rossouw