[ubuntu-za] Its 15 days to the launch of Ubuntu 10.04 : Join us at the Launch Party

Corrie Strydom corrie206 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 12:21:43 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Nick Michael(PtaISP) <
nick.michael at ptaisp.co.za> wrote:

>  Hi there
>
> Today its 15 days to the launch of Ubuntu 10.04.
>
>  we are trying to arrange a Launch Party in Pretoria at a venue we can
> agree on.
>
> I don't want to jump the gun so if someone is busy planning this please let
> me know post haste however if not we will look at this.

Thanks for sending out the mail Nick, not a problem.

> If we get agreement from the various stakeholders and members , we are
> "thinking" of doing it again at  "the* Karoo* Cattle and Land - restaurant
> in Irene (Pretoria)"  will be the venue (as was two release parties ago)
>
> More details to follow regarding a launch Party in Pretoria after we get
> feedback from the steakholders and members of the 3 lists I have sent this
> message to.
>
> Please rsvp to Corrie Strydom or Walter Leibrand or me

Or just RSVP to the Ubuntu-ZA mailing list.

> If we get agreement to have it again in Irene:
> I have spoken to the people at that restaurant and am prepared to make the
> arrangements , provide a WIFI hotspot and a Ethernet Network as well as a
> long mains cable for the laptops
> Just bring along you memory sticks , laptops and join us there

I'm trying to organize a removable HDD with repo's on it, like we had last
year, I'm also bring my laptop, and some blank CD's and DVD's

If someone has a problem with 1 May for this, please let us know, reply to
Ubuntu-ZA mailing list please, I thought we might start it earlier than last
time, from around 10am?

Any comments/suggestions, lets keep it on the Ubuntu-ZA mailing list.

Corrie