[ubuntu-za] Documentation

Corrie Strydom corrie206 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:25:23 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Bill Cairns <cairnsww at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Corrie Strydom <corrie206 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > tried pointing your brower (firefox,chromium)
> > to file:///usr/share/gtk-doc/html/libglade/index.html ?
> > Corrie
>
> Thanks again Corrie.
>
> No such file. In fact no such directory as usr/share/gtk-doc
>
> There is a directory usr/share/liblade2-0 but it just contains AUTHOR,
> changelogs etc.
>
> I down loaded the libglade c documentation - libglademm-2.4-doc and it
> has installed at /usr/share/doc/libglademm-2.4-doc.
>
> In fact I don't see the equivalent Python documentation anywhere.
>
> Oh well., I was not thinking of learning c this time round, but
> perhaps using the c documentation is the solution :-(
>
> I presume that the calls will be easily translated from the one
> language to the other?
>
> Bill

Hi Bill, are you looking for specific Python documentation? Have a look at
"diveintopython" in Synaptic, you can install this documentation, it will
install to file:///usr/share/doc/diveintopython/html/toc/index.html in a
browser.

My python-doc installed to
file:///usr/share/doc/python-doc/html/contents.html in a browser

Corrie