[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu-ZA Moving Forward

Stefan Lesicnik stefan at lsd.co.za
Mon Apr 12 08:37:14 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----

> >> I really like this suggestion. I think it would work for most of
> >> what we need "funding for" which basically would be hosting +
> >> posters/cds/stickers every now and again.
> >>
> >> I think we still need to try and find these *sponsors* though ;-p
> >
> > Hi Dave
> > Try these for sponsorship:
> > http://webapps.ubuntu.com/marketplace/africa/ Personally I feel a
> > much better job could be done with the marketplace web
> > page. As a small business owner or professional all I would want to
> > know is, "who
> > supports Ubuntu in my suburb/town/city and are they reputable ?".
> > There should be a simple search function where I can search by city.
> > The search program can be programmed to return LoCo results first,
> > then service
> > providers, then Ubuntu partners. This gives LoCo's a "commercial"
> > incentive to provide support.
> > Just my 2c.
>
> It would be cool to approach the people that are listed on that site
> for sponsor ship though.
>
> I am not sure Loco's want to stand providing Commercial support. This
> has a whole lot of other implications even more so then getting
> funding registering as an official non profit and other huge amounts
> of red tape ;/

Hi guys,

I really prefer the sponsorship option. I need to confirm with management, but i'm pretty sure LSD will be willing to sponsor this. Just need to decide exactly what is required. I don't think members should be required to 'pay' anything, but rather assist with time in updating wiki's, content, admin etc.

Stefan