[ubuntu-za] Cellphone modem + LAN

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Tue Sep 29 12:17:07 BST 2009

Hi Guys

Thanks for helping with apt-cacher.  Now for an even more difficult
question:

My laptop is connected to the LAN (via cable) and I'm using my cellphone
to connect to the internet for now.  The plan is that apt-cacher can use
my cellphone to get some special updates, while the new pc's on the
network can connect to my laptop through the LAN.

I can connect to the Internet using my cellphone (via usb/rndis) as long
as I'm unplugged from my Lan.  As soon as I plug in the LAN cable, all
internet traffic appears to be routed through the LAN instead and fails,
even though the cellphone is still connected to the Internet.

Is there a way to overcome this?

Charl