[ubuntu-za] Software Freedom Day 2009 - Cape Town

Stefano Rivera ubuntu-za at rivera.za.net
Mon Sep 14 16:58:21 BST 2009

We never posted an announcement here, but the Cape Linux User Group is
organising a software freedom day party at our Freedom Toaster on saturday.

Here's a copy of the announcement:

http://lists.clug.org.za/pipermail/clug-announce/2009-September/000486.html

Make a date in your diary for 19 September 2009.  CLUG has plans for a Software
Freedom Day Party. [1]

Our plans are: Spend a day fixing up our Freedom Toaster [2] and have a bit of
a party. There are a whole pile of things that need to be done, so you don't
need any insane Linux-wrangling skills. We need people who can use powertools,
people who can chat, and people who would like some help with some
linux-problem, and people who'd like to develop front-end software for the
toaster.

The aims of the day are:
* Have a party
* Replace the toaster extractor fan
* Replace the LCD
* Start writing some new software for it
* Re-install the software and horrible touch screen driver

Before that date, we need to plan the logistics for all of the above, and
possibly start on this new software.

There'll be Internet access & power at the venue, as well as Lab machines
running Linux.

Discussion on clug-chat [3] please.
Preparations will be documented on the wiki. [1]

[1]: http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/Event_19-09-2009_Software_Freedom_Day_-_Freedom_Toaster_Maintainance
[2]: http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/Freedom_Toaster
[3]: http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/CLUG_Mailing_Lists

Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/
  H: +27 21 465 6908 C: +27 72 419 8559  UCT: X4057